Wednesday 26 October 2011

Windows Vista: Fed up of File Size in KB

I do NOT like this tweak in Windows Vista where they have made all files in the %26quot;Details%26quot; view of explorer exhibit their file size in KB. In Windows XP we had a reasonable and quickly understandable view - all files above 1MB used to have their file sizes displayed in MB.



Now in Vista I'm stuck with this dumb KB thing where I have to deal with estimating general size of captured video from numbers like %26quot;34567891 KB%26quot;. What nonsense! It is SO user unfriendly! I don't need to know that my file is thousands of kb's! I know that a captured video file is GOING to be %26quot;huge%26quot;! Duh!!!



Does anyone know a tweak/tool or regedit or even where I can find an option to change this behaviour natively in Vista? I want my files in explorer's %26quot;Details%26quot; view to be shown the old way - in kb all the way to 1MB and then in MB's there after... in fact, in GB after reaching 1GB would be great too!!!



I'm sure lots of people miss that old convenience!
Windows Vista: Fed up of File Size in KB
Its not like that in Windows Vista. You changed something, don't blame Microsoft for your mess up. PEBKAC!
  • vc
  • favorite shampoo hair conditioner
  •