Friday 7 October 2011

How can I change a picture on my computer from one that is HUGE to one that is normal size?

Its a jpeg file, and the size is something like 1.5 mb. Our camera has a high megapixel count, around 8 i think it is and its set for the highest setting. My problem is, when I open a picture for editing in paint, its wayyyyyyyyyyyy too big. How can i change the size, or how can I edit it? Appreciate any suggestions thanks!
How can I change a picture on my computer from one that is HUGE to one that is normal size?
what you need to do is re-assign the program that opens your JPG files, which is a J Peg or jpeg file...



and can be done with any file format..



right click on the image file.



select properties..



look where it says Opens with..



accros from where it says that select change...



and then will come a list of programs..



select Windows Picture and fax viewer, which is the defalt for the windows operating system...



and if you dont have that option, open it with the program that you do know, that can handle images..



as long as its not Paint.exe
How can I change a picture on my computer from one that is HUGE to one that is normal size?
When you take a high resolution pic, it is going to take up a lot of space, like 1.5mb. I don't know that the paint program can do it, but I use Photoshop to change the resolution of the pic which will decrease its size
I faced the same problem and this software helped me out.

%26quot;Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition%26quot;.

Its very easy to use.

And provides powerful features like %26quot;AutoFix%26quot;, %26quot;Contrast Balancing%26quot; and lots more of them.
photoshop 7.0 is great!
Use WebResizer at http://webresizer.com It is a free online crop and resize photo tool.
Forget Photoshop - it's expensive. And the %26quot;Starter Edition%26quot; is not really all that functional. Download and install the free IrfanView from http://www.irfanview.com/ . You can manipulate pictures easily with this software. I use it to resize pictures I'm posting on the web. By resizing the picture and then saving it (best saving it with a different file name) you'll find that the size is greatly reduced. My camera is set to its maximum resolution; when I resize photos to 1024x768 for the web, most of the JPG files end up about 200Kb. Another free software that does this type of thing but has many more %26quot;touch up%26quot; features for photos is Googe's Picasa.



Try either of the free softwares before going out and buying Photoshop Elements (which is quite comparable to either of the two free programs I mentioned) for $80-$90 on line. Or you could get the full blown Photoshop for just a shade over $600. Or you could stick with the free software. Your choice.