Wednesday 26 October 2011

How can I increase an image's file size?

I've been collecting photos for my senior yearbook, and I like to open them up in PSP9 so that I can crop them and brighten them up a little and whatnot. After recently sending in a batch of photos, my yearbook supervisor told me that the file size was too small to work with. Many of the edited files are now around 36.0 KB, but the non-edited photos are a good couple of hundred KB.



Is there any way I can *increase* the file size of these photos without losing the aesthetic changes I made to them? I'm not particularly tech-savvy, so...gah. Can anyone help me out here?
How can I increase an image's file size?
Unfortunately, no.. they will become pixelated.. dithered.. You must take the largest size possible and reduce.. If you took the pictures, all digital camera take at least 2 Mega pixel.. if you are downloading them off the web, I would look for higher res pictures (300 DPI (dots per inch) or better) .. you can find some here: http://www.o2-photo.com/ or a pay site like Istock Photo http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php
How can I increase an image's file size?
there is only thing can do is



open another huge file sizes picture and past ur on top of this and replace it
Photoshop is close to magical but it does NOT make an image better, you can tweak it to make it look the way you think it's better. with that said you 'can' increase the size of an image. all you have to do is to go to Image%26gt;image size%26gt; and change the pixel count and/or dpi count. the image, in your case (36k) will be very very very bad. but it would could be blown up in size to 25-35 mb if you want it to.



gl