Friday 7 October 2011

Copied large MS Access file w/huge tables &queries, cleared most of data, but size did not change! How can I?

I copied a friends MS Access file, very large size upwards of 1 Giga, the tables contained a lot of info.



What I did is susbstituted for my data, which has the same columns, headings, structure, etc., but even though I have nowhere the amount of data he has, my file is exactly the same size as his file!



What is going on, even when I clear the tables of any data, the size is exactly the same, 1.2 gigas.



What can I do to make my file smaller in size?
Copied large MS Access file w/huge tables %26amp;queries, cleared most of data, but size did not change! How can I?
In Microsoft Access go to Tools, Database Utilities and click Compact and Repair. This will reduce the size of your file.
Copied large MS Access file w/huge tables %26amp;queries, cleared most of data, but size did not change! How can I?
Access databases never get smaller automatically. You need to compact the database.