Wednesday 26 October 2011

Changing the megabytes of a file?

This will probably sound stupid, but I'm very confused.



I'm trying to upload a bunch of images to a stock site, but they say they want %26quot;40mb tiff files (quality 9)%26quot;. My photos are all jpgs, and I don't think they're big enough right now.



Question #1: how do I find out how many megabytes my files currently are? I have photoshop elements, if that helps, but it doesn't say anything about the megabytes when I go to %26quot;image size%26quot;.



Question #2: how do I change the size of all of my images, if they're not big enough? I know how to save them as .tiff files, but I don't know how to change the megabyte size.



Please help!
Changing the megabytes of a file?
You could try right clicking the photo and click properties. it should say it there.

And for making them bigger, i dunno. the only think i can think of is to try going onto you're image editing software and resizing it and making it larger. Although when ever i do that it blurs it kinda.
Changing the megabytes of a file?
To check size of image

Right-Click%26gt; Properties%26gt; (Done)



Change/ make bigger, use converter

http://media-convert.com (free) [online]
If you are wanting to get much more file space of the images, you can convert them from JPG or GIF to BMP, which are much larger files than their JPG counterparts.